Friday, April 25, 2008

130 lbs. of Fleeing Fury

So F-Train is quitting his job and starting his new-found freedom with a summer in Vegas...

Good luck and godspeed Pocket Brunson. I wish you all the best and, due to an increasing bout of wanderlust in my own life, also bid you a fond Eff You, lucky bastich.

I wish there were blogs like this one when I was growing up. I probably wouldn't have gotten married. Either time. Seriously, I'm giddy just thinking about the future enjoyment of reading it. I can see the whole of blogdom choosing sides, identifying themselves in public and private as Man Cavers or Artsy Lofties. There may even be corresponding uniforms.

Yes, the rumors are true. I quit smoking. I'm sure your reaction will be similar to my mother's ("Again?" she said, supportively), but while I make no promises about maintaining my present condition for life (life is a long time, at least for non-smokers, and one of my past issues with the quitting was the inordinate amount of pressure I put on myself which I am totally not doing this time), I will say this was the easiest quit period ever. I've had exactly one bad withdrawl episode and none of the previous hardships, like those uber-mood swings that lingered for weeks the other times. I've been universally even-keeled and have filled the dead hours of my quit with a healthier diet and exercise. I've even lost five pounds.

I've a suspiscion that my new diet has a lot to do with the ease of my quit as I've been more focused on the fact that I'm hungry than on my lack of nicotine. If you offered me a choice, free of repercussion, of a Snickers or a Marlboro, I'd take the Snickers in a heartbeat. If you offered me some fettucine alfredo, I'd blow you.

You're still laughing about "Pocket Brunson," aren't you? I know. Me too.

10 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Buy me

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

I can't even guess the magnitude of the ego explosion if we bought those shirts.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger F-Train said...

I think we should buy those shirts just so we can witness the magnitude of that ego explosion.

Thanks for the well wishes! Good luck with your quitting. CK has been working herself up to do the same...

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

Yeah yeah, Pocket Brunson is funny as hell.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger DrChako said...

Congrats on quitting. I just had to tell a 39 year old kid (that's a kid, right?) that he has lung cancer. Mega bummer. I'm always impressed when someone has the will to quit.

-DrC

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Betty Underground said...

No, buy ME

Quitters Rule!

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I vote Man Cave in 08.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger elizabeth said...

i agree with betty. the artsy lofties have way better gear. you should buy that thong for your favorite girly girl. or for yourself. i'm not judging.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice, Speaker, keep up the good work on the healthy lifestyle! See you on the peaks this summer.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Bayne_S said...

Pocket Brunson cracks me up.

I have the recliner pictured in Brown in remnants of my man cave.

Previous recliner was bigger, uglier and replaced due to wearing out the recline mechanism.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home