Saturday, October 20, 2007

Silver Linings

Yesterday, I was lamenting the Tribe's collapse in Game 5 (and the ongoing Beckett post-season brilliance) and I uttered the following two sentences:

"The Indians are going to wilt in Boston."
and
"Carmona will lose his shit after he gets squeezed and walk a bunch of guys."

Anyone who knows me is well familiar with my dislike of the Red Sox. Right or wrong, I hate their fucking guts. As a team. Certain individuals I can stomach. I was hoping Cleveland would finish them off in Game 5 as I had a bad feeling about their ability to win the cauldron of Fenway, which would be much hotter for much longer than in Games 1 and 2.

Most of today, I was muttering to myself about bloody socks and idiots and the fact Eric Byrnes doesn't know you have to actually touch home plate for a run to count (no, I'm not over it; Eff You). My ire at the inevitable Sawx comeback reached Anger Level Red. Then I figured out how to save myself from...er...myself.

Sox -1.5 runs at +145.

Shit. For money, I'll cheer Curt Schilling and JD Drew.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger TemptressTomboy said...

Saturday's ALCS Game 6 made me hard. And I don't even have a penis.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Don't you NEVER say an unkind word about David Ortiz and the Red Sox.

Silent Bob and I modeled our whole fucking LIVES around David Ortiz and Manny.

Just because your "guys" have the ugliest unis in all of baseball, don't be upset that the Sox (red this time) are going to take it down.

Love,

BP

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Impossible to dislike Ortizzle. Papelbon, The Greek God of Walks, Lowell...all okay. Otherwise, fuck 'em.

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a sing-song chant, repeated ad nauseum by 37K people:

"Let's go Red Sox
Speaker can go suck ****"

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

I'm betting on the BoSox tonight.

Fuck JD Drew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home