Friday, October 27, 2006

Worldwide Pants

Call me whatever name you want, impugn my character, assault my ancestry, question my sexuality. I don't care. These new pants (dress chino, flat-front, rich camel color) I got from Banana Republic are glorious. Fucking glorious. I won't even take them off when I play online (Play Money) poker.

********************

April has the details on the Dec. WPBT gathering in scenic Las Vegas. I'll be there. As if you need more incentive to go. Seriously, it's a simple recipe:

1) Feed me drinks for 11 hours
2) Sit with me at a NL table
3) Profit

********************

Pauly has a highly amusing contest going on right now. You must play, though I'm certain I've already won.

I'll add another question to the quiz.

Which bloggger was supposed to write song lyrics about me (to the tune of Slaughter's party anthem "Up All Night") today because he lost a last-longer in a fictional HORSE tourney?
a) drizz
b) drizz
c) drizz
d) drizz

********************

I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year. I'm cheating, though. I've already got a half-dozen chapters written in my novel and knowing my level of discipline (not high), starting over or writing a different one would be counter-productive. I will adhere to the 50K word standard, however, which hopefully will finish the thing off. Even though I hit the mark last year, I was only 2/3rds of the way through that particular story, which has been scrapped due to intolerable cruelty by a major character. I'm JoeSpeaker on the site. I see a few of you are taking the plunge, as well*. Let's be buddies, shall we? C'mon, it'll be fun.

*gracie
Mean Gene
facty
Paul Phillips

11 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Just having the pants would be bad enough.

But, they're from Banana Republic.

Gay.

Gayer than gay.

Liberace-level gay.

But, I bet your woman digs 'em.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleats are for fat people.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger facty said...

me too - Im in the nanawhyme to write an awesome book of radness!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Whee hee! Let's be buddies! And post a picture of the pants, please.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Pleats are for people who wear Dockers. If any of you ever see me wearing Dockers, you have permission to shoot me in the testicles, provided you can locate them in the yards of billowing fabric.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Pleats? Seriously, people don't wear pleated pants, do they? I thought they were just there for show.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I think that I am not only going to do the whole nananodomweir thing again this year, but that I'm going to actually try. I've been tempted to cheat as well because my story is going to be so goddamn fantastic I feel the need to get a move on. Bottling up the fantastic is not good for the liver.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Karol said...

"Slaughter's party anthem "Up All Night""

Love that song! Oh man, going to download it now, haven't heard it since I was like 15.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I don't think it will take 11 hours of drinking. And I am definitely interested in a trip to Vegas with bloggers...weeeeee!!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your song is up sir.

My apologies to my lack of wit, but seeing a Bart Simpson guitar in the "Up All Night" video made me laugh too hard.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Flat front is the way to go.

Pleated pants only with suits.

Or for people shapped like Bill Parcells who wear their cell phones and pagers on their belts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home