Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm 39. Shut Up.

I'll transfer you $5 if you stop chatting for 15 minutes.
--Me, to Waffles

Online poker has bored me of late, so I lucked into the only reasonable cure for it: A $25 NL blogger table. Six bloggers (and more in the queue), three rednecks and too many Sam Adams mimosas for Waffle = Yeeeeeee-Haw!

Hey (Redneck Guy with Redneck Guy avatar), do you drive a Camaro?
--Iggy, to Redneck Guy

Veneno alerted me to the festivities and I hopped in to join the above, as well as mookie. jj and Carmen would also eventually make their way into the fray, with Miami Don playing the part of Waffles' conscience from the rail.

I tend to play pretty haphazardly at blogger tables and last night was no exception, though I was the opposite of my usual LAG self, as in tighter than Meatloaf's boxer briefs. I missed a couple bets against the Redneck Baby Armadillos, I passively played a set of deuces right into a river scare card and generally played like a 3-year-old afraid of the dark. Thinking my table image was solidly that of a big, fat pussy, I ran an elaborate ill-conceived bluff on Waffles for my whole stack, which went in on the turn when I held unimproved and drawless T6s. The six on the river doubled me up.

Happy Birthday!

Well, it is my birthday (and was, tehcnically, at the time of the suckout in some time zones). It's Scurvy's as well. Sally Brompton sees good things for us:

Your Horoscope for June 29, 2006
IF IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY
While it may be true that there is nothing new under the Sun you must not let that stop you from trying to find new ways to express yourself creatively. What you come up with may be a variation of what has gone before but that does not make it any less valuable. On the contrary, it could make you a great deal of money.


We're gonna be rich!

Also, belated birthday wishes to BG and change100. Us sensitive Moonchildren gotta stick together.

Because it is my birthday, I will be unable to compete in DADI7 tonight because I will be drinking Thunderbird out of a bag under a bridge to celebrate. I might get home in time to see some of the endgame, though, and fire up some online poker of my own. I never lose on my birthday (checks the archives). Oops. Ran my stack into quads last year at this time. Nevermind.

ANYWAY, play the DADI, if only in tribute to awesome photoshop skills.

(Blogger, you are fucking retarded. Again with the no ability to post pics. I fucking hate you. See Jordan for DADI details.)

17 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Fucker! I want revenge! Vendetta! heh. I am NEVER playing poker drunk again. I have poor impulse control as is. It was great to see you though man! I had a great time even if you sucked out on me.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Picture this: 39 baby armadillos wishing you a happy birthday!

Now go get a proper hangover!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger jjok said...

Great playing with you Joe.....

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Daddy said...

Happy Birthday, bitch.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger slb159 said...

See you tonight Mr.Speaker...that's if my craaazzee DSL doesn't decide to take an extended LOA.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger April said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday...Enjoyed playing the cash game last night. The chat was priceless and you had the line of the night.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger change100 said...

I say the two of us stay 29 and 39 for a few more years because we sure as hell don't look it ;)

Have a fabulous birthday night!!!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I had a blast playing with you guys last night. I hope we can do it again soon and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I'm a cancer too baby!!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Joanada said...

Wooo! Happy Birthday!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Jestocost said...

Blogger image posting blows dead donkeys. Start a Flickr account, upload your pics and paste the code (not just the URL) they give you into your post. Life will be good.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger F-Train said...

Happy Birthday right back atcha Speaks! The four of us will definitely have to down some celebratory booze.

See you next week!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Roman said...

What time would be good for me to go over, bend you over my knee, and spank your bare ass 39 times?

Let me know.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

yup, you truly had the line of the nite there. gotta remember that one.

happy bday joe!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Happy Birfday!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Tooloftheman said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Speaker.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Sure, I'll wish you happy birthday again. Happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home