Thursday, June 16, 2005

Crushed

I wrote a long-winded post this morning about my inexplicable poker play last night. I wanted answers. I wanted catharsis. I pretty much failed. I did, however, throw up in my mouth a couple times.

I thought I'd post it anyway, as a cautionary tale. It then occurred to me, correctly, that nobody reading it could possibly be as stupid as I. You all know where the "fold" button is, right?

I'm embarassed, but not so embarassed as to hide the affair. Moreso, I'm sickened and can't yet shake the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Not that I don't fully deserve it.

I came to a nebulous conclusion that I'd just momentarily lost my mind. That I was over-confident, bursting with hubris and acted without thought. Bad fucking combination.

You can't relax for an instant. You can't let your concentration wander, because one mistake--ONE--can ruin four hours of hard work.

I was playing the $3 Re-Buy qualifier to Stars' Sunday $500K Guaranteed tourney. I was second in chips with 36 remaining. Twenty-two seats given away.

I finished 32nd.

It's every bit as bad as it sounds.

I hope I learned a lesson. We'll see.

4 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

Lesson to learn: Eat something very tasty so when you throw up in your mouth you can stand the taste.......oh, and fold, dammit!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Ouch, I think we all have felt your pain at one time or another. It sure does hurt, but you'll fight back and get 'em next time!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Human Head said...

Fucking ouch. If it's not too painful, you should do a post taking us through the big error. You know, extend the cautionary tale.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes. I'm sure plenty of people have already stated the difference between # of seat sats and pure cash MTTs. Fold, Fold, Fold (even AJ!!!!) when that close.

Throw me an IM next time you're in one of these. I've been hitting up these rebuy tournies as well but they've been hitting me back with bricks to the head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home