Tuesday, May 10, 2005

If You Leave Me Now

Thieves suck.

Honestly, if any cow-fuckers from South Dakota stole my content and put it on their shill site, I'd have a big problem. Long story, but it could be very detrimental to the life to which I have become accustomed. I'll be happy to tell you about it someday, but now, here, I can't.

Is that perfectly clear?

Anyway, I have several torches at my disposal should anyone like to organize a road-trip/mob scene to the The Mount Rushmore State.

Dakota is Sioux for "friend" or "ally."

Oh, irony, you kidder.

*****************************

Support of the community is something I take very seriously. I am only responding in kind. You can't truly BE part of the community if you don't contribute to the community. And it has nothing to do with money.

Rarely in life has anyone ever made me do something I didn't want to do. I absolutely want to play in the WBPT event tomorrow. If Iggy, who is more responsible than anyone else for the daily idiocy contained herein, gets a little scratch from it, my feeling is all the better. Didn't cost me anything extra.

Feel free to differ--I'm all about the free marketplace of ideas--but don't question my motives. I am not a sheep. What I am is, if you haven't heard, is one BAD-ASS motherfuckin' card player.

*****************************

Before I read about all this this morning (yeah, I'm a little slow), I was going to spend the day giving a few shout-outs to folks, imparting some info--support--I've been remiss in addressing. Serendipity demands I go ahead with it.

First, to TenMile, a hearty thanks for the die cast. The Boy is enthralled and has managed to not break it yet. TM offered this Campbell's Soup Model T to the third place (bubble) finisher in the first WPBT satellite. We chopped second place money, but he sent it along anyway. At great personal cost, apparently, based on the amount of tapeon the package. I keed.

I also got a new blog to read out of the deal. I dig TenMile's style, which was described by another blogger as full of, "uber-posts of the subconscious."

That is ABSOLUTELY a compliment.

**********************************

I wanted to mention the final table finish by my buddy OBP who spends a lot of time sweating me in the Stars MTTs. Watched him take 7th in the Stars $2, going out on a coin flip when his 33 lost to...wait for it...AJ (ace on the river). I don't know how many times I've told him to avoid AJ at all costs. But since I take full responsibility for getting he and his wife hopelessly addicted to online poker, I have to say nice job anyway, and further congrats on your first-born future left-handed pitcher in a couple weeks!

*****************************

With my windfall this weekend, I went on a little poker-related spending spree. Finally got me some WPBT merchandise. Ordered my WPBT Aladdin Classic bounty from e-Bay (no, you don't get to know what it is yet). Still need to think of something to hand out if someone cracks my AJ and/or knocks me out with AJ.

*****************************

I'm taking suggestions for next week's song/post titles. Cheesy arena rock bands from the 70s and 80s given special consideration.

4 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

With all this thievery going on (i'm slow too and just read it at work today) on the way home I was singing "Our blogs in jeopardy...baby...ooohhhooohhhwwwoooohhhh"

Not sure the title, band, or year but that one came to mind!

TripJax
Poker In Arrears

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger TenMile said...

Ahh, the Tape, the tape.

Our PostMistress is quite nice and took care of the packing.

Thanks for the words. You're Welcome.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I second the Def Leppard suggestion.

BRINGIN ON THE HEARTBREEEEEEEEEAK

Although Cinderella or Whitesnake might be a decent pick too.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Roman said...

It has to be Styx. I mean, it just HAS to. Gotta come clean with that dirty little secret of yours one of these days.

"Come Sail Away"
"Renegade"
"Mr. Roboto"
"Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)"
"Show Me the Way"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home