Monday, April 25, 2005

Black Sun Morning

A quick and comprehensive list of things that have gone right for me thus far today:






Glad we've got that out of the way. Clearly, I used up all my good luck last night. I'm thankful anyway.

Seriously, it's an honor to play poker with all you guys and gals out there. I do not exaggerate when I say I've never had a better time at the tables, real or virtual. Good play, good humor, good people.

For my part, I played okay. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, because I know there are at least a dozen people out there who not only could expect to win the satellite, but to compete in the WSOP event. I don't consider myself one of those. As such, I was having fun. I wasn't afraid to lose, which most definitely loosened me up, far more than my usual play in the online MTTs. A double-edged sword, to be sure, as I made a few dumb plays. But I also stayed aggressive, especially late, and that is often an aspect to my game that is left wanting. Certainly, the rush of cards I got at the Final Table aided my maniacal--for me--betting. At least until Bob turned me into his personal Cabana Boy.

Been quite a couple of weeks for me. Five top 25 finishes in MTTs. Two final tables. A nearly doubled online bankroll. I feel like I owe a lot of it to you folks out there. I learn from you regularly. Math, psychology, strategy...you can find it all in this blogosphere. And if you want to laugh your ass off, marvel at inspired prose and see pictures of hot girls with alcanthang.com lipsticked on their stomach, well, there's that too.

Despite all that goodness, I still have one request:

Let's do it again. Soon.

5 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Joanada said...

Congrats :) I wasn't able to play this one, but it was a blast watching you guys!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Always a pleasure. I don't think anyone went away with a bad time.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Joe,
Thanks for stopping by my little ole blog and commenting. I appreciate it. I'm glad you ended up doing well and I'm really glad you guys split near the end so you were able to get in on the $ action.

Hope Tuesday is a better day for you. If it's any help, I linked you up tonight!

Later,
TripJax
Poker In Arrears

p.s. obviously drizztdj hasn't made it over to dragonystic's blog...talk about somebody who went away with a bad time...i'm starting to think the guy doesn't like me or something...

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger TenMile said...

I owe you the 1/43 scale die cast which I promised to give the 3rd place finisher at the WPBT WSOP tourney Sunday.
I had promised it figuring the customary 3rd place would receive nothing under the terms of the contest.
I had not expected the CHOP, none the less... .
CONGRATS, to all the finishers.
If you will eMail your, or a, snail mail address to: jomatd@yahoo.com
I will mail the thing to you.
Suitable for the cubicle or the computer desk at home.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. And no, I have no problem getting sucked out on. I do it to others all the time. Did it once or twice the other night, in fact.

BSN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home