Sunday, April 24, 2005

What About Bob?




That is the most fun I've ever had playing poker. Which has nothing to do with my finish.

Congrats to Bob. He played his fucking ass off.

And I apologize to everyone upon whom I sucked out. That list is long, but includes BSN, who re-raised my steal attempt one from the button as a short stack--I had K9 of hearts--with JJ. I called, getting 3.5-1 on my reaming stack and made the flush, grasp (had 55 w/8x the BB and pushed only to be called by his AA in LP. I flopped a 5) and Hank. The last is particularly painful since Hank is my idol. I'm not kidding. I've learned so much from reading his stuff and I know he is a far better player than I. I raised on the button (at the final table) with JTs and he re-raised all-in. I called, grudgingly--about a quarter of my stack, and was dominted by his ATo. I made the flush. Yes, I became the exact person who kills me online all the time.

I dropped The Hammer twice early on, much to the dismay of The Mrs.

I just need to re-iterate:

THAT WAS A FUCKING BLAST.

P.S. 2-4 chopped the $840 for second, so it was also profitable.

God Bless Iggy and Otis for setting this up. And Bob, you'll have the most attractive, wild and degenerate railbirds in Vegas history. Do us proud.

 Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Dude, you're awful. :)

Congrats on the money finish.

 
At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You played great and no apologies necessary! I did my own sucking out, too. ;-)

BSN

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

I did my own sucking out as well, but when you and I went heads up and you were all-in with my 7 7 vs. your A something (I think Q). I felt real good. Damn that A on the river!!!

I think that was the pot that put you in good shape to make the final run.

Congrats on a good showing!

TripJax
Poker In Arrears

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Thanks man, that was an absolute blast! I can't wait to see the whole blogging contingent converge on the tourney. I was really hoping that you or I would win it since I didn't recognize the other two guys. I won't lie though, I was hoping I'd win it a little more than I was hoping for you!

:)

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Great play on this hand:

Me: AJ
You: QQ
Flop: KJx

I check-raised and you pushed. Great read on me as that's a tough push with the K on the flop. I'd be very interested to know what you were thinking during this hand.

Again, great job, it was tons of fun.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger hdouble said...

Saw this a week late... don't sweat it Joe, it actually wasn't a bad play. You had a lot of chips and it was a reasonable call.

Today's AKs vs AT hurt more. Especially when the guy who called my all in ended up winning the tourney...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home