Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Grasping the Concept

"Daddy, what is that funny man eating?"
"Crayons, AJ."
"Crayons!?"
"Yep," smiling and shaking my head.
"You're not supposed to eat crayons."
"No, you're not. And look at his face."
"Ewwwww. He looks like he's gonna puke."
"Crayons are not good for you."
"Why did he eat them?"
"For money."
"How much?"
"Four hundred dollars."
"Four hundred dollars. Wow!"
"It's a lot of money."
"Why'd they give it to him?"
"It's called a prop bet."
"What's that?"
"Well...it's like when Daddy says he'll give you a popsicle if you eat your green beans."
"Daddy."
"Yes, AJ."
"I'll eat my green beans for four hundred popsicles."

God bless you guys.

7 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Derek McG said...

LOL!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Priceless.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Love it!

Next thing you know, he'll be negotiating for a seat at the Bash at the Boathouse tournament!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I bet there wasn't even a pause.

Well done AJ!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger StB said...

Why do I picture you waving your son over to watch the video after you have viewed it countless times?

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Kelsgarden said...

counseling - years of counseling . . .

but obviously the boy is sharp and will have a financially secure future in which he can afford needed counseling -

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I always figured AJ for a smart kid. My nomination for parent of the year. Last year's nomination, btw, was the father of the 4 year old girl who, watching me and a buddy pull a couple of suitcases of Coors Light out of a beer cooler for a tailgate party commented, "Daddy! They've got your beer!" And to think I've been worried about the parents of today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home